Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Streets of San Francisco (and Sacramento and Half Moon Bay)

I went with Fred on a recent business trip to California. Perfect timing since our 16th anniversary was approaching and we found people willing to take the kids in!

We have a good friend who lives in Sacramento named Randy who we've known for more years than we've been married. He's always generous enough to take us in for a night or two. In the photo, Fred is showing off grapefruits from the tree in Randy's backyard. Sad to say I'd never seen a grapefruit tree...unless you count the stacking display at my local grocery store!San Francisco was our next stop. We spent a day walking and walking and shopping! The neighborhoods are so unique it's best to see them by foot, but I could have used a taxi ride from Union Street back to Fisherman's Wharf. Fred was determined I could make it and kept enticing me with "The hotel is just over the next hill"!

Some of you received an email photo similar to the one below. Apparently, some "yahoo" decided he could copy The Naked Cowboy who walks the streets of New York City. Fred paid $5.00 for a few memorable photos of me on the street corner with this scrungy man. I WAS NOT a willing participant but I have to admit this photo will be very funny to look back on 20 years from now! Heck, it's funny now!
On to Half Moon Bay....
Two other instances where Fred made me take cruel and unnecessary walks/adventures....
I'll admit the reward at the end of the 1 1/2 mile walk pictured below was spectacular. Male elephant seals visit this beach near Half Moon Bay to molt every year. It takes up to 5 months and many times they lay on the beach without moving for fear of using up any stored energy since they do not eat during this entire period. The ones you see in the water are quite large, therefore they have extra energy to loose.


Sixteen Years of Wedded Bliss!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was the famous Naked Cowboy from NYC, he was just in San Francisco for a few days last week. :) Nice picture.