Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Number one on the top ten list of things I never thought I'd do in a mall

To borrow from the last posting's title of "In theory it seemed like a good idea at the time"....

While Fred went to dinner in downtown Nashville with a friend, the kids and I headed to a nearby mall. Bliss for Gabbie and surely the highlight of the trip so far for her.

As we were leaving the mall around 8:30 pm, I noticed 2 people lying in dental-type chairs getting their teeth whitened with laser bleaching. I've been thinking about having this done for about a month and after a little bit of conversation with the technician I decided to go for it!

Pretty easy! Sit in the chair, bite down on trays filled with a solution, slip on a pair of glasses and let the pretty blue light do it's thing.

After 25 minutes I was astounded at the results! My teeth were truly 4 shades whiter! I marveled at the difference it made in my smile. Corbin and Gabbie marveled at the difference. Fred marveled at the difference.




And then I woke up this morning...


I don't know if I look more like a duck or Goldie Hawn in that movie where she has her lips done!

Whatever the case, I had some kind of reaction and benadryl IS NOT helping. A call to "LaserBright" let me know the same scenario has happened to others who had the inside of their lips inside the bleaching trays. The person I spoke with assured me it will be gone by tomorrow. TOMORROW?? You mean I have to look like I came to Nashville to have plastic surgery for the rest of the day?

I'll be sure to take a photo of my pretty teeth for you when I know you've stopped laughing long enough that the tears do not cloud your vision!

6 comments:

Linda said...

We were just talking about botox and "big lips" at lunch. Hmmmmm-are you sure it was teeth whitening that you did?????

Anonymous said...

Poor baby! Does it hurt or sting? Those teeth better be sparkling when this is really over. How could you not have had your lips in the tray? I would love to have thoe white teeth, but........ Hugs, Nan

Anonymous said...

Makes you wonder...Will the teeth still be white after the lips go down, or do the lips get white and the teeth shrink?

Beth said...

LMAO ----OMG ---- We almost did this on our cruise! But opted on massages instead! Needless to say, I am finished laughing cause I will have my day with cosmetics on Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Too..... funny. I am sorry I did not check the blog sooner. I am happy you guys are having such a great time. Enjoy your day at Graceland!! :)

Craig said...

Ummm....this could give new meaning to "Don't get lippy with me!"